Human-centered design (HCD) is a design and management framework that develops solutions to problems by involving the human perspective in all steps of the problem-solving process. Human involvement typically takes place in observing the problem within context, brainstorming, conceptualizing, developing, and implementing the solution.
Methods created by design companies
Every design firm or organization has their own design process. Different disciplines use slightly different language and techniques, but ultimately all these processes are very similar.
The ultimate goal here is to understand the problem different aspects.
- Interviews: Expert interviews, Users interviews, Stack-holders interviews, Group interviews, Body language, 5 Why?
- Audience: Groups, Empathy maps, Personas, Mental Models, Use cases and User Stories, Story Boards, Services Blueprint, Touchpoints, Triggers, and Hooks.
- Desk Research: Quantitative Data, Competitors Analysis, Lighting Demos / Imageboard.
Defining the challenges and figure out how problems could be solved.
- Challenges: How might we, Long-term goal, Design Questions, Business Stuff.
- Solutions: The Map, Card Sharing, Voting Dots, Design Principles, Hooks, The Concept.
- Let’s Do it: Data Gathering (Principles, Inspiration, Human, Technologies).
Time to implement, test and iterate the different solutions.
- Build: Sketch, Rapid Prototyping, Prototypes, Interactions.
- Test: Usability Evaluation, Feedback sessions, User Testing, A/B Testing.
- Iterate: Data Gathering & Design System (Principles, Inspiration, Human, Technologies).
The use of a weak element that will fail in order to protect other elements in the system from damage. a chain is only as strong as its weakest link This suggests that the weakest link in a chain is also the least valuable and most expendable lin...
Usability Report, When reporting results from a usability test, you should focus primarily on your findings and recommendations that are differentiated by levels of severity. Include the pertinent information from the test plan and present just en...
The sketch file is fully layered and editable, you are free to use this file in whatever you want, and you have the full freedom to change, remove, edit any part of it. Download for free! Download Sketch file #thecontent i...
A design charrette is a short, collaborative meeting during which members of a team quickly collaborate and sketch designs to explore and share a broad diversity of design ideas. Designers and non-designers—including project stakeholders, engi...
Hooked template, was represented through the Hooked book, and it helps us to find ways to Build Habit-Forming Products. A hook has four parts: Trigger: External & Internal. Need to shift from external to internal triggers over time. ...
The Elito method was the first analysis method we used, and it is basically based on brute force thinking. The nature of this method is definitely data analysis since you use it to analyze data. The context that you will use this method is if you ...